2L Summer Help!!??? In-house at F500 or Policy Job in DC

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Which Job F500 In-house or Policy?

Poll ended at Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:56 pm

Fortune 500 (probably not gonna be hired after)
Policy/Lobbying in D.C. (maybe be hired)
Total votes: 5

Joga Bonito

2L Summer Help!!??? In-house at F500 or Policy Job in DC

Postby Joga Bonito » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:56 pm

I'm at 2L at a T18. I have an offer for a summer internship at Fortune 500 company in the field I'm interested in Health/Life Sciences/Biotech but I'm pretty certain I have no shot at a job there after graduation, but maybe if I killed it they would recommend me to a firm they have contacts with.

The other option is a policy job for a large organization in the same field in D.C.. Both pay but the policy job isn't legal and I don't want to be banished from practicing law forever which is what I'm afraid of if I take the policy job, but I'd learn at lot there.

I don't know what to do, am I screwed either way?\

I need money to pay loans at some point lol so I 'd like a firm at some point doesn't have to be big though. I'm slightly below median or some shit lol but have good experience in government and during the year at a health care consulting firm.

Return to “Legal Employment”