ny bar exam with minimal studying?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

ny bar exam with minimal studying?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:14 am

I passed a bar exam in another state last July. Working now in New York and want to take the New York bar in July (I don't need to, so there's no pressure, but it would be nice). Only problem is I don't get out of work until 8 most nights. Wondering if study on the weekends and some study for about 1-2 hrs a weeknight might be enough to pull through? Or is this totally crazy thinking?

bbmic45

Re: ny bar exam with minimal studying?

Postby bbmic45 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:40 am

I'm doing this right now. I started in March. I know several people who've done it as well. It's totally doable. My commute is an hour each way on the train so I just study then and it doesn't really take over my schedule. Reviewing this stuff for the second time around (third time if you count law school classes) is much easier.

imchuckbass58

Re: ny bar exam with minimal studying?

Postby imchuckbass58 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:45 am

How high is your MBE score, and will it transfer?

I imagine it would be fine either way if you've already taken another jurisdiction, but it would be made even easier if you have a high MBE score that will compensate for any weakness on the NY section.

Return to “Legal Employment”