NYC government drug test

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

NYC government drug test

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:02 pm

Has anyone been drug tested by nyc government agencies for legal internships? If so, was it hair or urine? Is the NYPD the only city agency to test hair?

vanwinkle

Re: NYC government drug test

Postby vanwinkle » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:32 pm

An FYI: When you apply for the New York bar, the character and fitness section asks if you use any illegal drugs. There's no peeing in a cup, but when you sign it, you sign under penalty of perjury that its contents are truthful and accurate. There's no testing, but you answer to them if someone else catches you.

Just FYI.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:55 pm

Lol. I don't use drugs, I'm just bald and have little body hair so I am kind of dreading being *required* to provide a suitable sample from some, *intimate* regions. Hair tests require about 1.5 inches and I have that (maybe?) in only one place.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Lol. I don't use drugs

Anonymous User wrote:Hair tests require about 1.5 inches

You know a lot about drug testing for someone who doesn't use drugs.

I think the District Attorney's office requires a drug test, but I'm not aware of any other NY legal employer who does.

Return to “Legal Employment”