Uniform Bar Exam

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Lord Randolph McDuff

Uniform Bar Exam

Postby Lord Randolph McDuff » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:52 pm

Something like 15 states are now on the UBE. For those who aren't familiar, the Uniform Bar Exam allows you to take one test and practice in every state that gives the test so long as you hit a target score and pay each individual state some money.

Anyone have thoughts on when the whole country will be on this? Any other benefit here besides portability? I could maybe see a benefit in some fields.. say oil and gas.

Re: Uniform Bar Exam

Postby 09042014 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:55 pm

Lord Randolph McDuff wrote:Something like 15 states are now on the UBE. For those who aren't familiar, the Uniform Bar Exam allows you to take one test and practice in every state that gives the test so long as you hit a target score and pay each individual state some money.

Anyone have thoughts on when the whole country will be on this? Any other benefit here besides portability? I could maybe see a benefit in some fields.. say oil and gas.

At this point why even have a bar. I've got a JD, just let me practice.

Lord Randolph McDuff

Postby Lord Randolph McDuff » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:56 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Lord Randolph McDuff wrote:Something like 15 states are now on the UBE. For those who aren't familiar, the Uniform Bar Exam allows you to take one test and practice in every state that gives the test so long as you hit a target score and pay each individual state some money.

Fox. Come on. I'm glad we keep 65% of Thomas Jefferson alums away from clients.

Postby 09042014 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:46 pm

Lord Randolph McDuff wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Fox. Come on. I'm glad we keep 65% of Thomas Jefferson alums away from clients.

Who cares about clients. I don't wanna ruin my summer.

Return to “Legal Employment”