Summer housing in Palo Alto Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
LawGuy2014

New

Summer housing in Palo Alto

Post by LawGuy2014 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:43 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm a 2L at UCLA Law and am looking for housing in Palo Alto this summer for my SA (May 15-July 31). I was wondering if there are any students at Stanford (or any law schools within a 20-30 minute drive) who are looking to sublet their apartment for that time (or who know of anyone who is).

Please message me if so--this housing hunt is tougher than I thought!

cim_can

New

Re: Summer housing in Palo Alto

Post by cim_can » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:19 pm

You're going to find it difficult to sublet from SLS students - the academic year runs through early June.

Your best bet for Stanford is to find housing from other graduate students who do not live on-campus and are leaving early for some reason.

You may be able to find on-campus housing for sublet, but it is tough. Stanford does not allow on-campus housing to be sublet to non-Stanford affiliates; I suspect that it is done anyway.

I don't know Santa Clara's calendar, but it's a bit of a drive from Palo Alto. Mountain View isn't too far away and might be a better option for housing, even though the traffic will be a pain. I would guess that Craigslist might offer some options, either for short-stay rentals in Palo Alto homes or Mountain View apartments with programmer types.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”