International Criminal Court Employment and Internships

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

International Criminal Court Employment and Internships

Postby elorica8 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:41 pm

Hello All,

I'm very interested in interning at the ICC at some point (I'm a 0L), but I am finding it difficult to figure out what makes a competitive candidate. I assume that internships are very competitive in general. I'm wondering, in particular, whether I should even dare applying to the Office of the Prosecutor for 1L summer. Does anyone have any experience interning at the ICC? Anything I should be doing during 1L to increase my chances? Also, any idea of how such internships are looked upon within the US? Prestigious, compelling, bizarre?

On that same note, has anyone secured a job within the ICC? Any tips on career pathing? I've read that trial experience and criminal law experience in one's own country are helpful, but beyond that, are there any tips?

Thanks in advance!

Anonymous User

Re: International Criminal Court Employment and Internships

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:12 pm

I visited it during my time in LS. Amongst other things (Yale, Havard) you most likely would need to know at least 3 languages, have connections and perhaps citizenship to a European country.

Re: International Criminal Court Employment and Internships

Postby bk1 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:13 pm

Read the forum rules before posting.

Return to “Legal Employment”