No Response After Interview

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

No Response After Interview

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:21 am

I am a 1L and I interviewed with a firm at 1L OCI about 5 weeks ago now. I never heard from the firm after my interview so last week I wrote the recruiting manager for the office I interviewed for. She told me someone from a different office will be getting back to me "shortly." Another week has past and I still have not heard anything. I do not want to be harassing but it has been 5 weeks and it would be nice to get closure one way or another. So I have two questions:

1) Should I write the recruiting manager again now? I am just concerned since she said that someone from a different office will get back to me. In my estimation, a week and a half is past "shortly" but is this normal? Should I wait?

2) Why would someone from a different office contact me? That made no sense to me.

Thank you!

Myself

Postby Myself » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:18 am

Last edited by Myself on Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pokemon

Re: No Response After Interview

Postby Pokemon » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:49 am

Anonymous User wrote:I am a 1L and I interviewed with a firm at 1L OCI about 5 weeks ago now. I never heard from the firm after my interview so last week I wrote the recruiting manager for the office I interviewed for. She told me someone from a different office will be getting back to me "shortly." Another week has past and I still have not heard anything. I do not want to be harassing but it has been 5 weeks and it would be nice to get closure one way or another. So I have two questions:

1) Should I write the recruiting manager again now? I am just concerned since she said that someone from a different office will get back to me. In my estimation, a week and a half is past "shortly" but is this normal? Should I wait?

2) Why would someone from a different office contact me? That made no sense to me.

Thank you!

Closure one way or another? If you expect closure then this is not the right industry. Radio silence is how legal employers roll.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:17 am

I think I am still "under consideration" at multiple places some 16, 9 months after interview.

lukertin

Postby lukertin » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:23 am

it's over bro

Return to “Legal Employment”