Verizon Legal Intern Program (VLIP)

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Verizon Legal Intern Program (VLIP)

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:51 pm

Anyone hear back yet, or know when we can expect to hear back? Also any inside info on what they look for and whose done it in the past?

TTRansfer

Re: Verizon Legal Intern Program (VLIP)

Postby TTRansfer » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:37 pm

Truly working for the devil.

goldeneye

Postby goldeneye » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:38 pm

If you get the job, tell them to stop overcharging me every single month.

TTRansfer

Postby TTRansfer » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:51 pm

goldeneye wrote:If you get the job, tell them to stop overcharging me every single month.

I don't know if anyone remembers when they were giving out free HDTVs ages ago for a FiOS promotion (24" Sharp TVs).

Funny thing about that. We ordered FiOS. Took about 100 hours on the phone, a complaint to the BBB, and a threat of a lawsuit to get a TV.

Fuck Verizon. It's a shame that that shit company has such good services.

echooo23

Postby echooo23 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:57 pm

Chicago office is doing interviews 4/3-5. But I've already accepted something (unpaid) elsewhere. How much I regret that depends on whether or not Verizon pays - I can't tell from my school's Symplicity posting.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear back yet, or know when we can expect to hear back? Also any inside info on what they look for and whose done it in the past?

+1 has anyone heard back regarding the NJ or VA offices?

SXphillyfloater

Postby SXphillyfloater » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:35 pm

echooo23 wrote:Chicago office is doing interviews 4/3-5. But I've already accepted something (unpaid) elsewhere. How much I regret that depends on whether or not Verizon pays - I can't tell from my school's Symplicity posting.

It does pay, but it's only for 8 weeks. Anyone else heard anything?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:49 am

Bump. OP here. Anyone here anything for VA or TX? Emailed them but no response.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:00 pm

SXphillyfloater wrote:
echooo23 wrote:Chicago office is doing interviews 4/3-5. But I've already accepted something (unpaid) elsewhere. How much I regret that depends on whether or not Verizon pays - I can't tell from my school's Symplicity posting.

You chose unpaid over a paid internship ? Umm....

echooo23

Postby echooo23 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
SXphillyfloater wrote:

RC...um. Fail. I already committed to something prior to the call from Verizon. Hence the possible regret if Verizon pays.

Read again before you second guess someone else's choices. And don't hide behind anonymity either.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:55 pm

echooo23 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
SXphillyfloater wrote:

RC...um. Fail. I already committed to something prior to the call from Verizon. Hence the possible regret if Verizon pays.

Read again before you second guess someone else's choices. And don't hide behind anonymity either.

You still chose unpaid over VZN when you elected not to interview with them. Reneging is always an option.

echooo23

Postby echooo23 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote: You still chose unpaid over VZN when you elected not to interview with them. Reneging is always an option.

Lulz. You have no idea what I chose, and whether that is preferable to Verizon. Before you start regurgitating what you read here and preaching like you have a clue, maybe consider that whether a job pays or doesn't pay is not the only deciding factor. Location, potential contacts, area of interest, and possibility of post-grad employment, for example, are also considerations. Seems like you don't have an original thought at all, and you're a cowardly anon to boot. At least if you're going to judge, own it.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:38 pm

echooo23 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote: You still chose unpaid over VZN when you elected not to interview with them. Reneging is always an option.

Lulz. You have no idea what I chose, and whether that is preferable to Verizon. Before you start regurgitating what you read here and preaching like you have a clue, maybe consider that whether a job pays or doesn't pay is not the only deciding factor. Location, potential contacts, area of interest, and possibility of post-grad employment, for example, are also considerations. Seems like you don't have an original thought at all, and you're a cowardly anon to boot. At least if you're going to judge, own it.

You already said you regret the decision. Sounds like what you chose isn't preferable to VZN.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:19 am

Anonymous User wrote:You already said you regret the decision. Sounds like what you chose isn't preferable to VZN.

Stop using anon to criticize other users, or you will be outed and banned.

Return to “Legal Employment”