Working during the academic year

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
UnfrozenCaveman

Re: Working during the academic year

Postby UnfrozenCaveman » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:21 am

Just try to get Lexis rep or something if you need a little extra cash.

goodthings

Postby goodthings » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:52 pm

It's not about the cash, it's about the useful legal experience.

somewhatwayward wrote:I work 15 hours a week at the GC's office of a public company. It pays $40/hour, and it is really interesting. The one thing that sucks is that I wasn't expecting to have this job, so I was already committed to being in a clinic, being a TA, being on the e-board of my journal, publishing my note and writing another article to (hopefully) be published, random extracurriculars...oh yeah and class. This year has been really crazy bc of it. But I would highly recommend working a legally-related job.

That's helpful, thanks.

$$$$$$

Postby $$$$$$ » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:00 pm

kryptix wrote:They knew about me going to school, you make up time on days without class and volunteer for weekend work. Pretty much the same applies to the others. Also on the trading side hours are more market driven so the clash with evening classes is less. I have worked many times in class though... I tell my professors about that at the beginning of the year.

Pretty awesome arrangement

Return to “Legal Employment”