Interview With Waters Kraus

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Interview With Waters Kraus

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:22 pm

interviewing for a position in one of their offices coming, any one know anything about the firm other than what is on the website (i.e. pay, reputation, etc)

They do mass torts, purely plaintiff side, but seem to have a lot of success (40-50 attorneys and given what they put on their website rake in north of 80 million in settlements in a given year). I couldn't care less about "prestige," especially if the trade off is large cases (besides no one besides other attorneys know what v100 means).
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Objection

Re: Interview With Waters Kraus

Postby Objection » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:28 pm

Really guessing and extrapolating from what I know of other pside boutiques doing similar work, but I'd guess pay will probably be in the 50-60k range. Maybe I'm way off.

Anonymous User

Re: Interview With Waters Kraus

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:40 am

I think their salary is closer to the $80-90K range. I clerked for them while I was in law school and loved the work environment (the only dress code was that you had to wear shoes), but like most of these types of firms, job security is an issue. Asbestos litigation was the bread and butter for Waters & Kraus. I think they are still evaluating the market to see what their focus should be.

Return to “Legal Employment”