Too young for firms?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Too young for firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:07 pm

OP: do you have any significant work experience while you were in school?

Also young; but I was able to use a management position in food service to show that I was comfortable working with people older than me. Seemed to help.

As other posters have said, just put the year you graduated in; don't bring it up unless asked; and don't be embarrassed by it if they do.

Postby postard » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:53 pm

Age itself isn't a maker or breaker, I think, but lack of WE just makes grades that much more important. But I guess they can do whatever they want to youngins', only old folks are a federally protected class.

Postby Avian » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:24 am

Wow you resurrected an old thread, but while it's at the top I'll add my two cents since I'm sure it's still relevant to 0Ls, 1Ls and others.
I don't think it's any worse than any other K-JD. I'll be 23 when I graduate, so slightly older, but no one asked during OCI or at a callback. When I did happen to mention it, interviewers either didn't care or were marginally impressed. I have a V100 SA lined up for the summer which is about what I would have expected with my GPA/school/Law Review.

Return to “Legal Employment”