1L summer job search PANIC

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

1L summer job search PANIC

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:53 pm

Hey guys, im a 1L at a tier 3 school. I finished top 10% during the first semester, had a judicial internship coming into law school and a legal internship during the winter break. Yet, despite applying to a bunch of jobs, I only was able to get 2 interviews... both of the jobs eventually went to a 2L. I have given up hope of getting a paid internship now, but im panicking because I can't even land interviews for UNPAID jobs. I have spoken to the career center, I have gotten my resume perfected during the winter, and cover letters are good too. So at this point I need some guidance. Is it too late to get a job or do employers not even begin hiring until much later?

Please help!!!

Re: 1L summer job search PANIC

Postby 09042014 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:18 pm

A lot of in-house internships come in late in the process. I panicked and took an RA job, and then in April people started getting really cool in house jobs. Don't panic yet. But do apply to every jerb you can.

Re: 1L summer job search PANIC

Postby cinephile » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:58 pm

It's not too late, but it certainly isn't early either. Don't give up and keep applying to everything.

Return to “Legal Employment”