Fired 7 weeks into shitlaw job

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
ExBiglawAssociate

Re: Fired 7 weeks into shitlaw job

Postby ExBiglawAssociate » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:57 pm

stuckinthemiddle wrote:Is this for real?

Why would you not think this is real?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Welp, my legal career is over. No warning. Nothing. Called me in and shitboss told me that I had to leave in 5 minutes and I was fired because I was not learning fast enough. Told me they are going to hire someone else whom they interviewed and is still unemployed.

This is law in 2013. My legal career is over. Thankfully I went to a school on scholarship and my heart isn't totally into the practice of law, so good for the next person. But, well, fuck. I'm fucked.

Can we get more info on the location and firm?

-scared 1L

It doesn't matter. You wouldn't work here out of choice. Smaller city. One of ten thousand small firms in the region. The better advice is to clerk at a place before joining to know these things in advance (ie assholes)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Welp, my legal career is over. No warning. Nothing. Called me in and shitboss told me that I had to leave in 5 minutes and I was fired because I was not learning fast enough. Told me they are going to hire someone else whom they interviewed and is still unemployed.

This is law in 2013. My legal career is over. Thankfully I went to a school on scholarship and my heart isn't totally into the practice of law, so good for the next person. But, well, fuck. I'm fucked.

Can we get more info on the location and firm?

-scared 1L

It doesn't matter. You wouldn't work here out of choice. Smaller city. One of ten thousand small firms in the region. The better advice is to clerk at a place before joining to know these things in advance (ie assholes)

Yeah I feel like outing firms on TLS for their TTT behavior is something that really only makes sense for large firms in egregious instances, because the goal is giving them a reputation to warn other law students who might work there. The odds that the next associate at Billy Bob's Med-Mal Shoppe in Fargo, ND is lurking this thread are... not good.

Agent

Postby Agent » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:53 pm

Surely there are many firms that treat people like this. The best insurance, IMO, is to focus on relationship-building early and often.

Anonymous User wrote:Can we get more info on the location and firm?

-scared 1L

Return to “Legal Employment”