Prosecution market in Utah

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
caveman2

Prosecution market in Utah

Postby caveman2 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:10 am

I am a 2L at Michigan State Law but grew up in Utah and would like to practice as a prosecutor in Utah after graduation. There's hardly any info on here about the legal market in Utah, and I was wondering if any practicing criminal lawyers in Utah could give any insight on the market there right now as far as jobs after graduation (or even just criminal internships for this summer if you know anything). I've applied to several prosecutors for a summer internship, but haven't heard anything back yet. Even if I get a prosecution job for the summer, I'm just wondering about what the future will probably look like for me next year after graduation. Like, what kind of salary do ADA's get in Salt Lake county? Or in other counties? Does the SL DA usually make job offers to its interns, or at least give them first priority? What about other offices, like the AG? Are internships with them substantive, or not so much? What can I do to make myself the most appealing candidate? Any info on anything related to any of this would be very much appreciated.

caveman2

Re: Prosecution market in Utah

Postby caveman2 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:05 pm

C'mon, I know there are Utah and BYU students on here! Help me out guys!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:06 pm

When I applied to jobs--I'm a 3L with an ASA job post grad--I didn't come across any office in Utah that would hire graduates without first having passed the bar.

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:50 pm

I've heard Utah market is brutal, Mormons get the jobs have families and stay in the same place forever

caveman2

Postby caveman2 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:04 am

Well as far as staying in the same place forever, that's what I want to do as well. But it sounds like you guys are only relaying rumors and don't really have the info I'm looking for. Please, people who actually live and work there, I want to hear from you!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:22 pm

bump

Return to “Legal Employment”