Applying before graduation

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
thelawdoctor

Applying before graduation

Postby thelawdoctor » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:19 pm

Anyone trying to apply for employment before graduation?

I hear people say it is possible, but everyplace that I see wants you to be licensed already in their state.

Void

Re: Applying before graduation

Postby Void » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:23 pm

thelawdoctor wrote:Anyone trying to apply for employment before graduation?

I hear people say it is possible, but everyplace that I see wants you to be licensed already in their state.

Are you a 0L? Check out the "important announcement for 0Ls" sticky at the top of the employment forum.
Last edited by Void on Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:25 pm

It's common for employers to want graduates, or even worse already sworn in graduates, for post-law school hiring. Still worth looking though, all you need is the one exception to the rule...

thelawdoctor

Postby thelawdoctor » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:55 pm

Void wrote:

Are you a 0L? Check out the "important announcement for 0Ls" sticky at the top of the employment forum.

Are you? Shut the fuck up.

thelawdoctor

Postby thelawdoctor » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:56 pm

thesealocust wrote:

It's common for employers to want graduates, or even worse already sworn in graduates, for post-law school hiring. Still worth looking though, all you need is the one exception to the rule...

I have noticed that trend. I know a few classmates who claim to "have a job lined up" and I do want to widen my net to include other states but no one in their right mind plans to sit 50 bar exams just to have a wide net.

Return to “Legal Employment”