DA's Office

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

DA's Office

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:18 pm

Hi. Newbie 1L. Can I get some tips for the DA's Office and how to interview with them? Is there a difference from other interviews? I have interviewed with judges and some small-firm attorney's but I don't really know much when it comes to the DA.

edit: typo
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A. Nony Mouse

Re: DA's Office

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:25 pm

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:29 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:Try this thread: http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 3&t=155423

Thank you. That thread was helpful but it also scares me. I do not have any legal experience and I am a 1L. I am very interested in public service, especially the three units of the OCDA that have granted me three separate interviews. I have interviewed successfully for a couple OCI spots so far but wasn't sure if the DA would have some questions that are different from the firm and non-profit interviews I've had. I'm just really nervous. My interviews are tomorrow.

Also, I typically wear a navy or light grey suit. As a 23 year old female, should I wear black for the DA? I have heard they like conservative attire. Is this true? (I used google but would like advice here.)

A shot in the dark

Postby A shot in the dark » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:10 am

You'll probably be asked about your commitment to public service. Maybe your conception of the DA's role. Definitely what appeals to you about the DA's office. Absolute toughest question you would get asked is a criminal hypothetical, but I doubt it comes up. Your knowledge of the law is not really important, they mostly want to see you "show your work"...identify the ethical situation from the facts presented and talk about it for a bit...http://www.law.georgetown.edu/careers/c ... -Hypos.pdf

These interviews are rarely intense, unless it is for a permanent spot, in which case it can get fairly adversarial.

Good luck!

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:18 am

This may be too late, but navy and gray are perfectly fine for interview suits.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:09 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:This may be too late, but navy and gray are perfectly fine for interview suits.

Thanks so very much for your help. I opted for black. I'm feeling confident now and your input gives me confidence with what I want to say.

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:This may be too late, but navy and gray are perfectly fine for interview suits.

Thanks so very much for your help. I opted for black. I'm feeling confident now and your input gives me confidence with what I want to say.

Black is always good, too. Good luck!

Return to “Legal Employment”