Loyola PLIP 2013: Brace yourselves...

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
Jsa725
Posts: 2003
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013: Brace yourselves...

Postby Jsa725 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:24 pm

.
Last edited by Jsa725 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HellOnHeels
Posts: 548
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:19 pm

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013: Brace yourselves...

Postby HellOnHeels » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:33 pm

I don't plan on wearing a suit tonight... Maybe I'll be the odd ball!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013: Brace yourselves...

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:56 pm

Jsa725 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Jsa725 wrote:Wednesday reception: bizcas attire
Thursday reception: business attire


Protip - wear suits to both. You'll never look over dressed for an event like this, but you'll sure feel like a shit head if you're cruising around as the only guy without a jacket. Nothing says "hai guiz, I've never worked in a professional environment" like that.

How about wearing a suit sans tie for the bizcas reception?

Just wear the suit. Is it really that big a deal?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013: Brace yourselves...

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:58 pm

HellOnHeels wrote:I don't plan on wearing a suit tonight... Maybe I'll be the odd ball!

Ladies always have ridiculous rules. You don't count.

HellOnHeels
Posts: 548
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:19 pm

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013: Brace yourselves...

Postby HellOnHeels » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
HellOnHeels wrote:I don't plan on wearing a suit tonight... Maybe I'll be the odd ball!

Ladies always have ridiculous rules. You don't count.

It may be a moot point anyways because I may never reach the hotel because omgchicagotraffic.

User avatar
Jsa725
Posts: 2003
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013: Brace yourselves...

Postby Jsa725 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:08 pm

.
Last edited by Jsa725 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kyle010723
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013: Brace yourselves...

Postby kyle010723 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:22 pm

It's a reception, black-tie is implied imo.

User avatar
fishfry111
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 10:51 am

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013: Brace yourselves...

Postby fishfry111 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:47 pm

[
Last edited by fishfry111 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HellOnHeels
Posts: 548
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:19 pm

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013: Brace yourselves...

Postby HellOnHeels » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:01 pm

Good god the snack bar is booby trapped!! :shock:

Also I've seen two people wearing law school t-shirts. No tuxes though :cry:

User avatar
Jsa725
Posts: 2003
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013: Brace yourselves...

Postby Jsa725 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:02 pm

.
Last edited by Jsa725 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HellOnHeels
Posts: 548
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:19 pm

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013: Brace yourselves...

Postby HellOnHeels » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:03 pm

Jsa725 wrote:
HellOnHeels wrote:Good god the snack bar is booby trapped!! :shock:

Also I've seen two people wearing law school t-shirts. No tuxes though :cry:

dis gonna be goooooood :mrgreen: walking there now.

Well I meant at the hotel, not the reception. The reception doesn't start for another hour...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013: Brace yourselves...

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:58 pm

Ooof !!! Just had diarrhea. I think it was the dip. At least it's tonight and not tomorrow.

kyle010723
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013: Brace yourselves...

Postby kyle010723 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:16 am

Whew, glad I didnt try the dip

User avatar
MarcZero
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:26 pm

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013: Brace yourselves...

Postby MarcZero » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:02 am

As someone who couldn't attend the reception (but was planning to) due to a last minute detour, I am seriously upset at the lack of info/gossip/discussion of how it was tonight.

HellOnHeels
Posts: 548
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:19 pm

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013: Brace yourselves...

Postby HellOnHeels » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:15 am

Also glad I didn't have the dip :shock:

Good luck to everyone today!

kyle010723
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013: Brace yourselves...

Postby kyle010723 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:15 pm

So, anyone know when we should be expecting Call-Backs if any?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013: Brace yourselves...

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:23 pm

kyle010723 wrote:So, anyone know when we should be expecting Call-Backs if any?


They may come fast, but if they don't, it doesn't mean anything.

This is the prime recruiting season, while firms don't want to miss out on candidates, you will continue to get CBs for several weeks as they fill their class. Don't read too much in to it when someone else has 5 CBs and you haven't heard from anyone yet.

kyle010723
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013: Brace yourselves...

Postby kyle010723 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:They may come fast, but if they don't, it doesn't mean anything.

This is the prime recruiting season, while firms don't want to miss out on candidates, you will continue to get CBs for several weeks as they fill their class. Don't read too much in to it when someone else has 5 CBs and you haven't heard from anyone yet.


Thanks, I just didnt know what to expect

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013: Brace yourselves...

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:40 pm

kyle010723 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:They may come fast, but if they don't, it doesn't mean anything.

This is the prime recruiting season, while firms don't want to miss out on candidates, you will continue to get CBs for several weeks as they fill their class. Don't read too much in to it when someone else has 5 CBs and you haven't heard from anyone yet.


Thanks, I just didnt know what to expect


I know people that heard the following day last year FWIW

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013: Brace yourselves...

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:46 pm

Feeling like a mailman. Visiting every Hospitality Suite, stuffing multiple copies of resumes. Also being careful to stay away from the dip.

kyle010723
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013: Brace yourselves...

Postby kyle010723 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:49 pm

I feel super awkward walking into hospitality suites, some of them walk up and say hi to you. A few of them are already too busy talking to people and you just kind of stand around.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013: Brace yourselves...

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:44 pm

kyle010723 wrote:I feel super awkward walking into hospitality suites, some of them walk up and say hi to you. A few of them are already too busy talking to people and you just kind of stand around.

just surf TLS on your phone in the corner, that'll let em know you mean business

Anonymous User
Posts: 273214
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013: Brace yourselves...

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:07 pm

Hitting the HS, but the Hell with the people there. talked enough today. Gonna stuff my face with all that free food.

kyle010723
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013: Brace yourselves...

Postby kyle010723 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:52 pm

Food line is wayyy too long.

HellOnHeels
Posts: 548
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:19 pm

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013: Brace yourselves...

Postby HellOnHeels » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:34 pm

Networked like crazy. Now for comfy shoes and walking around Chicago a bit!




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.