Loyola PLIP 2013: Brace yourselves...

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
kyle010723
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013:Past PLIPrs,what interview Qs were u asked?

Postby kyle010723 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:54 pm

From O'hare, you can also take one of those bus directly to the hotel, I dont remember what they're call, but for a flat rate, they'll drop you off at any hotel downtown

Anonymous User
Posts: 273107
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013:Past PLIPrs,what interview Qs were u asked?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:02 pm

Are most people going to the Sterne Kessler thing on Wednesday night?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273107
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013:Past PLIPrs,what interview Qs were u asked?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:00 pm

Jsa725 wrote:
Nammertat wrote:Have people figured out how they're getting form the airports to the hotel?

I haven't booked anything yet, but the train goes from O'Hare directly to downtown

Cheapest way to go, but takes about an hour. That's not too bad, especially in rush hour, when taxis will take about 45 minutes (for $40 each way).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273107
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013:Past PLIPrs,what interview Qs were u asked?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:28 am

So I got preselects from Quinn and O'Melveny [deleted]. Anybody know if the other résumé drops have come in yet?

User avatar
Nammertat
Posts: 516
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:25 pm

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013:Past PLIPrs,what interview Qs were u asked?

Postby Nammertat » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Jsa725 wrote:
Nammertat wrote:Have people figured out how they're getting form the airports to the hotel?

I haven't booked anything yet, but the train goes from O'Hare directly to downtown

Cheapest way to go, but takes about an hour. That's not too bad, especially in rush hour, when taxis will take about 45 minutes (for $40 each way).


I've got an interview that ends at 5:15 pm and a flight leaving form O'Hare at 7:30 pm.... Is this doable?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273107
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013:Past PLIPrs,what interview Qs were u asked?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:00 pm

Nammertat wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Jsa725 wrote:
Nammertat wrote:Have people figured out how they're getting form the airports to the hotel?

I haven't booked anything yet, but the train goes from O'Hare directly to downtown

Cheapest way to go, but takes about an hour. That's not too bad, especially in rush hour, when taxis will take about 45 minutes (for $40 each way).


I've got an interview that ends at 5:15 pm and a flight leaving form O'Hare at 7:30 pm.... Is this doable?

If they're running in time, you get out at 535. That's during rush hour, so let's say an hour to get to the airport. O'Hare is big, so security might take a while especially if they are short staffed due to the sequester. You may be cutting it close...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273107
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013:Past PLIPrs,what interview Qs were u asked?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So I got preselects from Quinn and O'Melveny [deleted]. Anybody know if the other résumé drops have come in yet?

Oh, boy. Where would we find that on Simplicity? Also, where did you "drop" your resume? Thanks.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273107
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013:Past PLIPrs,what interview Qs were u asked?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:[quote="Jsa725
I've got an interview that ends at 5:15 pm and a flight leaving form O'Hare at 7:30 pm.... Is this doable?

If they're running in time, you get out at 535. That's during rush hour, so let's say an hour to get to the airport. O'Hare is big, so security might take a while especially if they are short staffed due to the sequester. You may be cutting it close...
[/quote]
I'd respectfully disagree. Perfectly do-able but only if you use the train (this is where a taxi will take longer, stuck on the highway). But to be safe, I would invest about 20 minutes WHEN YOU FIRST ARRIVE at O'Hare to do a dry run, from the train to your gate of departure. (Yeah, O'Hare is huge).
Lastly, if you're late getting out of the interview, it's not exactly a bad thing, because it probably means that the screener is really connecting with you and wants to spend the extra time.
ensure that you know exactly the best and fastest way to get to your terminal and gate

Anonymous User
Posts: 273107
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013:Past PLIPrs,what interview Qs were u asked?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:43 pm

Are the interviewers pretty good about running on schedule? What do you do if they aren't running on schedule and you have multiple back-to-back interviews scheduled? I don't want to be rude, but I also don't want to be late to the next interview.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273107
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013:Past PLIPrs,what interview Qs were u asked?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Are the interviewers pretty good about running on schedule? What do you do if they aren't running on schedule and you have multiple back-to-back interviews scheduled? I don't want to be rude, but I also don't want to be late to the next interview.

Bring a stop-watch. According to the rules, a minute before your interview is scheduled, you are permitted to pound on the door. Don't let the guy in front of you screw you by lingering, because I assure you that the guy following you will likewise be pounding on your door when the time comes.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273107
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013:Past PLIPrs,what interview Qs were u asked?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:So I got preselects from Quinn and O'Melveny [deleted]. Anybody know if the other résumé drops have come in yet?

Oh, boy. Where would we find that on Simplicity? Also, where did you "drop" your resume? Thanks.

They were under the resume collect tab when I "dropped" for them, but the deadline has unfortunately long since passed. They now just show up on the normal patent program tab along with my other bids.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273107
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013:Past PLIPrs,what interview Qs were u asked?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:So I got preselects from Quinn and O'Melveny [deleted]. Anybody know if the other résumé drops have come in yet?

Oh, boy. Where would we find that on Simplicity? Also, where did you "drop" your resume? Thanks.

They were under the resume collect tab when I "dropped" for them, but the deadline has unfortunately long since passed. They now just show up on the normal patent program tab along with my other bids.

Okay, thanks. At least I know for my normal OCI.

User avatar
Jsa725
Posts: 2003
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013:Past PLIPrs,what interview Qs were u asked?

Postby Jsa725 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:41 pm

.
Last edited by Jsa725 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

faintbeam
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:21 am

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013:Past PLIPrs,what interview Qs were u asked?

Postby faintbeam » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Are the interviewers pretty good about running on schedule? What do you do if they aren't running on schedule and you have multiple back-to-back interviews scheduled? I don't want to be rude, but I also don't want to be late to the next interview.


Yes, I found that they were good about being on time. I had only one that went a little over, causing me to run to my next interview. But I didn't say anything because I really liked the firm. For my next interview, the partner was standing outside of the door looking over the balcony and watching all the interviewees running around below. He saw me running over and laughed - it actually broke the weird interview ice. I think overall, most of the firms are understanding if they do happen to run a little late.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273107
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013:Past PLIPrs,what interview Qs were u asked?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:25 pm

Did anyone get a lot more interviews at San Francisco than Loyola?

User avatar
Jsa725
Posts: 2003
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013:Past PLIPrs,what interview Qs were u asked?

Postby Jsa725 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:31 pm

.
Last edited by Jsa725 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273107
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013:Past PLIPrs,what interview Qs were u asked?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:36 pm

Jsa725 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone get a lot more interviews at San Francisco than Loyola?

got the same number



I actually got far fewer at SF. (18/6 @ Plip, 3 at SF- 2 of which overlapped)

User avatar
Jsa725
Posts: 2003
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013:Past PLIPrs,what interview Qs were u asked?

Postby Jsa725 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:42 pm

.
Last edited by Jsa725 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273107
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013:Past PLIPrs,what interview Qs were u asked?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:46 pm

Jsa725 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I actually got far fewer at SF. (18/6 @ Plip, 3 at SF- 2 of which overlapped)

you gonna do both?


I certainly hope not- PLIP is pretty swamped, so I'm hoping to have those spots cancelled and given to alternates. It'll give some other people a shot, and take some pressure off of my schedule!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273107
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013:Past PLIPrs,what interview Qs were u asked?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:52 pm

I got 3 at PLIP and 10 at SanFran. That's why I was confused. I did a lot better second semester but I'm at Fordham so I have no ties in Cali at all. Figured it was due to the lack of people applying in SanFran.

User avatar
Jsa725
Posts: 2003
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013:Past PLIPrs,what interview Qs were u asked?

Postby Jsa725 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:21 pm

.
Last edited by Jsa725 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Jsa725
Posts: 2003
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013:Past PLIPrs,what interview Qs were u asked?

Postby Jsa725 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:22 pm

.
Last edited by Jsa725 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273107
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013:Past PLIPrs,what interview Qs were u asked?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:01 pm

I got 1 at SF. Doesn't seem worth the trip (I'm not in the area)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273107
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013:Past PLIPrs,what interview Qs were u asked?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I got 3 at PLIP and 10 at SanFran. That's why I was confused. I did a lot better second semester but I'm at Fordham so I have no ties in Cali at all. Figured it was due to the lack of people applying in SanFran.

What's your tech background/rank? Just curious as I didn't get a single interview at SFIPLA, but have 17 at PLIP and 5 at SIPJF. Granted I am from the southeast and have 0 ties to CA, but curious as to what the cali firms are looking for.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273107
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013:Past PLIPrs,what interview Qs were u asked?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:23 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I got 3 at PLIP and 10 at SanFran. That's why I was confused. I did a lot better second semester but I'm at Fordham so I have no ties in Cali at all. Figured it was due to the lack of people applying in SanFran.

What's your tech background/rank? Just curious as I didn't get a single interview at SFIPLA, but have 17 at PLIP and 5 at SIPJF. Granted I am from the southeast and have 0 ties to CA, but curious as to what the cali firms are looking for.


Im an ME, went from below median to .02 outside top third this semester.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.