Loyola PLIP 2013: Brace yourselves...

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013 Thread..calling PLIP Allstars for their exp

Postby Anonymous User » Sat May 04, 2013 11:05 am

bids are all submitted! 8)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013 Thread..calling PLIP Allstars for their exp

Postby Anonymous User » Sat May 04, 2013 11:27 am

Anonymous User wrote:bids are all submitted! 8)

niiiice! what location(s) and how many? i am still tinkering w/ my bids as we speak :mrgreen:

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013 Thread..calling PLIP Allstars for their exp

Postby Anonymous User » Sat May 04, 2013 11:49 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:bids are all submitted! 8)

niiiice! what location(s) and how many? i am still tinkering w/ my bids as we speak :mrgreen:

DC mostly (it's where I've got ties). And I used them all! I had my list at about 26, and then threw some at ones where my grades weren't good enough, but thought maybe work experience could sway them. Figured the worse that would happen is they could say no! :P

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013 Thread..calling PLIP Allstars for their exp

Postby Anonymous User » Sat May 04, 2013 11:54 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:bids are all submitted! 8)

niiiice! what location(s) and how many? i am still tinkering w/ my bids as we speak :mrgreen:

DC mostly (it's where I've got ties). And I used them all! I had my list at about 26, and then threw some at ones where my grades weren't good enough, but thought maybe work experience could sway them. Figured the worse that would happen is they could say no! :P

yeah, ditto.... i used all my bids mostly on DC firms then picked some NY, Firmwide's, & CA's to finish off the rest... probably stand little chance of getting an interview but it is better than no chance :D

User avatar
chem
Posts: 867
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:14 pm

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013 Thread..calling PLIP Allstars for their exp

Postby chem » Sat May 04, 2013 12:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:bids are all submitted! 8)

niiiice! what location(s) and how many? i am still tinkering w/ my bids as we speak :mrgreen:

DC mostly (it's where I've got ties). And I used them all! I had my list at about 26, and then threw some at ones where my grades weren't good enough, but thought maybe work experience could sway them. Figured the worse that would happen is they could say no! :P

yeah, ditto.... i used all my bids mostly on DC firms then picked some NY, Firmwide's, & CA's to finish off the rest... probably stand little chance of getting an interview but it is better than no chance :D


Finished mine as well. All bay area, and then DC to fill the gap, as OCI is very DC heavy

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013 Thread..calling PLIP Allstars for their exp

Postby Anonymous User » Sat May 04, 2013 12:04 pm

chem wrote:Finished mine as well. All bay area, and then DC to fill the gap, as OCI is very DC heavy

nice! there are a bunch of firms in the SF/PA area that have DC offices, so i bid the DC office and will express interest in the CA ones too :D

i also signed up to be a member of SFIPLA but they wont release firms until bidding begins :? they dont even have past participant info either

User avatar
lgleye
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:41 pm

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013 Thread..calling PLIP Allstars for their exp

Postby lgleye » Sat May 04, 2013 12:08 pm

.
Last edited by lgleye on Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
chem
Posts: 867
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:14 pm

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013 Thread..calling PLIP Allstars for their exp

Postby chem » Sat May 04, 2013 12:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
chem wrote:Finished mine as well. All bay area, and then DC to fill the gap, as OCI is very DC heavy

nice! there are a bunch of firms in the SF/PA area that have DC offices, so i bid the DC office and will express interest in the CA ones too :D

i also signed up to be a member of SFIPLA but they wont release firms until bidding begins :? they dont even have past participant info either


I have absolutely no faith in SFIPLA, but I figure it will work well as a signal of how interested I am in the bay area

User avatar
Jsa725
Posts: 2003
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013 Thread..calling PLIP Allstars for their exp

Postby Jsa725 » Sat May 04, 2013 12:13 pm

.
Last edited by Jsa725 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013 Thread..calling PLIP Allstars for their exp

Postby Anonymous User » Sat May 04, 2013 12:18 pm

Just what is the percentage of IP eligible people in a law school class? I know it varies, but any stats on the T14, T30, or T50? In my school, seems like 30-40 out of a class of 264. Those 1500 PLIP attendees had to come from somewhere.........

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013 Thread..calling PLIP Allstars for their exp

Postby Anonymous User » Sat May 04, 2013 12:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just what is the percentage of IP eligible people in a law school class? I know it varies, but any stats on the T14, T30, or T50? In my school, seems like 30-40 out of a class of 264. Those 1500 PLIP attendees had to come from somewhere.........

I think the number is less than 5% for my T14.

User avatar
Jsa725
Posts: 2003
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013 Thread..calling PLIP Allstars for their exp

Postby Jsa725 » Sat May 04, 2013 12:26 pm

.
Last edited by Jsa725 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013 Thread..calling PLIP Allstars for their exp

Postby Anonymous User » Sat May 04, 2013 4:43 pm

It's less than 10% patbar eligible in my 1L section.

Also on the webcast this year they remarked that registrations were down and bid slots were up.

I am patbar eligible but only bid ~10 pros spots. My résumé screams Hatch-Waxman so I tended to target lit bids and didn't touch DC.

User avatar
Jsa725
Posts: 2003
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013 Thread..calling PLIP Allstars for their exp

Postby Jsa725 » Sat May 04, 2013 4:58 pm

.
Last edited by Jsa725 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
chem
Posts: 867
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:14 pm

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013 Thread..calling PLIP Allstars for their exp

Postby chem » Sat May 04, 2013 5:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just what is the percentage of IP eligible people in a law school class? I know it varies, but any stats on the T14, T30, or T50? In my school, seems like 30-40 out of a class of 264. Those 1500 PLIP attendees had to come from somewhere.........


Only one in my section. I think there are like 10 total in my class?

User avatar
lgleye
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:41 pm

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013 Thread..calling PLIP Allstars for their exp

Postby lgleye » Sat May 04, 2013 5:22 pm

.
Last edited by lgleye on Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aureusmons
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:29 am

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013 Thread..calling PLIP Allstars for their exp

Postby Aureusmons » Sat May 04, 2013 5:30 pm

...
....
Last edited by Aureusmons on Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Jsa725
Posts: 2003
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013 Thread..calling PLIP Allstars for their exp

Postby Jsa725 » Sat May 04, 2013 6:00 pm

.
Last edited by Jsa725 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013 Thread..calling PLIP Allstars for their exp

Postby Anonymous User » Sat May 04, 2013 8:57 pm

lgleye wrote:
Jsa725 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Also on the webcast this year they remarked that registrationes were down and bid slots were up.

that is interesting :D ... did they comment on the numbers?


I'd also like to know........ btw, where on the web did you see this?? Do ya think that there are just fewere patbar eligible people this year? How does that jive with bids being up?

Listen to the webcast. They emailed a link to it to the email you signed up with.

Registrations are down = fewer students attending PLIP (edit: actually means fewer students REGISTERED for PLIP, which is different than fewer attending).
BId slots are up = more employers attending / more bidding options.

I bid a bunch of diff offices where they said bid each office you're interested. I'm only interested in three markets though.

Agent
Posts: 340
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:03 pm

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013 Thread..calling PLIP Allstars for their exp

Postby Agent » Sat May 04, 2013 11:26 pm

I wonder if it's just becoming more common for employers to create multiple bid slots for offices and practice groups.

Anonymous User wrote:
lgleye wrote:
Jsa725 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Also on the webcast this year they remarked that registrationes were down and bid slots were up.

that is interesting :D ... did they comment on the numbers?


I'd also like to know........ btw, where on the web did you see this?? Do ya think that there are just fewere patbar eligible people this year? How does that jive with bids being up?

Listen to the webcast. They emailed a link to it to the email you signed up with.

Registrations are down = fewer students attending PLIP (edit: actually means fewer students REGISTERED for PLIP, which is different than fewer attending).
BId slots are up = more employers attending / more bidding options.

I bid a bunch of diff offices where they said bid each office you're interested. I'm only interested in three markets though.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013 Thread..calling PLIP Allstars for their exp

Postby Anonymous User » Sun May 05, 2013 1:19 am

A couple of the firms say
please create a cover sheet for your resume that ranks your TOP THREE location preferences in order


Anyone have thoughts on whether this is supposed to be a brief explanation of your ties to the region, or strictly just a numbered list? Loyola people said they couldn't clarify.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013 Thread..calling PLIP Allstars for their exp

Postby 09042014 » Sun May 05, 2013 1:32 am

Anonymous User wrote:A couple of the firms say
please create a cover sheet for your resume that ranks your TOP THREE location preferences in order


Anyone have thoughts on whether this is supposed to be a brief explanation of your ties to the region, or strictly just a numbered list? Loyola people said they couldn't clarify.


I just did a list like

1: DC
2: NYC
3: LA

dunno if htat is right or now.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013 Thread..calling PLIP Allstars for their exp

Postby Anonymous User » Sun May 05, 2013 8:27 am

Desert Fox wrote:
I just did a list like

1: DC
2: NYC
3: LA

dunno if htat is right or now.

That's what I did for the firms said coversheets, I think there was one that said cover letter (which would obviously entail a great more detail, with the whole ties/connections info).

Those "firmwide" firms which asked for a ranking of if you wanted more than one - what if you only want one office? How do they know which office? I looked to see if they wanted a coversheet for the one office, but I couldn't find anything that might specify it.

User avatar
Jsa725
Posts: 2003
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013 Thread..calling PLIP Allstars for their exp

Postby Jsa725 » Sun May 05, 2013 4:03 pm

.
Last edited by Jsa725 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Loyola PLIP 2013 Thread..calling PLIP Allstars for their exp

Postby Anonymous User » Sun May 05, 2013 7:22 pm

Anyone else find it annoying that you can't submit a cover letter? I have specific ties and experience that I like to emphasize on in a resume. I guess it makes it easier on them looking at hundreds or thousands of resumes but still.....




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.