patent bar Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
acercomp

New

patent bar

Post by acercomp » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:07 pm

i read that they were changing some of the material for the patent bar after april 2nd. does anyone know if it will be much harder ( and i should rush to take the test before than) or is the change not very significant.

thanks

bree

New

Re: patent bar

Post by bree » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:25 pm

I don't know what exact material they are adding to the patent bar, but it's likely related to the America Invents Act (AIA). Basically, the patent bar is adding material from AIA, as it goes into effect.

Here's a link to the source material (shows what's being added in April 2013): --LinkRemoved--

One thing to keep in mind is that the exam is 100 questions, so even if they do add new source material, there can only be a few questions related to the new material. The old material is still foundational for the new material, so it'll still form a good chunk of the exam. Any single addition of material probably doesn't make any difference.

That being said, the additions definitely are starting to add up.

Best of luck

target

Silver

Post by target » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:34 pm

bree wrote:I don't know what exact material they are adding to the patent bar, but it's likely related to the America Invents Act (AIA). Basically, the patent bar is adding material from AIA, as it goes into effect.

Here's a link to the source material (shows what's being added in April 2013): --LinkRemoved--

One thing to keep in mind is that the exam is 100 questions, so even if they do add new source material, there can only be a few questions related to the new material. The old material is still foundational for the new material, so it'll still form a good chunk of the exam. Any single addition of material probably doesn't make any difference.

That being said, the additions definitely are starting to add up.

Best of luck
thanks for this!

twelveoaks

New

Post by twelveoaks » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:48 pm

Has anyone recently used Bullseye $30 prep materials and have they worked? Bought em and started studying last week, but a bit nervous about having one of the most important standardized tests of my life depend on $30 materials. Not to mention, the practice tests they provide only go up to 2003, and they don't have AIA stuff. Hoping to take the exam by the end of the semester.

target

Silver

Post by target » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:03 pm

twelveoaks wrote:Has anyone recently used Bullseye $30 prep materials and have they worked? Bought em and started studying last week, but a bit nervous about having one of the most important standardized tests of my life depend on $30 materials. Not to mention, the practice tests they provide only go up to 2003, and they don't have AIA stuff. Hoping to take the exam by the end of the semester.
the bold part seems like a hyperbole. The poster above mine gave a link to some of the updates. I would go off of that, and check mypatentbar for some faqs on the actual test.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Agent

Bronze

Post by Agent » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:56 pm

+1
target wrote:The poster above mine gave a link to some of the updates. I would go off of that, and check mypatentbar for some faqs on the actual test.

SaintsTheMetal

Bronze

Post by SaintsTheMetal » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:46 am

twelveoaks wrote:Has anyone recently used Bullseye $30 prep materials and have they worked? Bought em and started studying last week, but a bit nervous about having one of the most important standardized tests of my life depend on $30 materials. Not to mention, the practice tests they provide only go up to 2003, and they don't have AIA stuff. Hoping to take the exam by the end of the semester.
Sorry if this gets me in trouble as a 0L, but I asked the EXACT same question and got some decent responses here:
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 4&t=204497

I'll be studying from just Bullseye, *maybe* that Ultimate Patent Exam Study thing from Amazon linked there, but primarily free online materials. Should be taking the exam in July-August ish... PM if you like and good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”