Multi State Score: Useful for anything?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Multi State Score: Useful for anything?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:50 pm

What multi-state score would you deem "bragworthy." Has anyone ever been asked for their multi-state score? Anyone ever used it to plead their case?

Objection

Re: Multi State Score: Useful for anything?

Postby Objection » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:56 pm

The standard op is to put it on your resume in a red stamp in the upper right corner.

xcountryjunkie

Postby xcountryjunkie » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:16 pm

I thought about answering this with a snark, but I've decided to answer the question usefully for anyone else who may care. Though the way you present your question is absolutely ridiculous.

Multistate scores are sometimes factors in whether you can get bar reciprocity. For example, you can waive into the DC bar immediately if you scored a 133 or better on the multistate (otherwise you must have five years experience). Beyond that absolutely no one cares what your multistate score is as long as you did well enough to pass the bar.

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:56 pm

The only time I've seen an MBE score mentioned (and relevant) was in someone's advertising for their services as a bar exam tutor.

I was told that a judge in my state used to ask clerk applicants (?I think? or job applicants when he was in private practice?) for their MBE score. I think he retired like 10-15 years ago, so I think officially, no, there is no longer anyone who cares about your MBE score.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:37 pm

Totally worthwhile and appropriate use of the anon feature.

conn09

Postby conn09 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:25 pm

Slightly relevant, in Florida, they give an award to the highest score on the bar.

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:11 pm

conn09 wrote:Slightly relevant, in Florida, they give an award to the highest score on the bar.

I think Arizona does this, too. One of the worst ideas I've ever seen.

Return to “Legal Employment”