If you could intern anywhere in DC (fall)....

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
stewie27

If you could intern anywhere in DC (fall)....

Postby stewie27 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:24 am

I'm most likely going to do my school's semester in DC program next fall, which will be my 3L year. I worked at a federal agency in DC during my 1L summer. This summer I'll be at a mid-size firm in another state. If all goes well with my firm this summer (historically all summers get an offer) I will likely go back there. I have a few agencies/offices that I'm interested in applying to, but am not focused on anything in particular. I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on which externships/experience might look better on my resume in the future, or any that would be more useful before going to a firm.

stewie27

Re: If you could intern anywhere in DC (fall)....

Postby stewie27 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:37 pm

bump

bk1

Postby bk1 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:57 pm

I doubt anything is going to look better than anything else on your resume.

Pick something that relates to what the type of work you will be doing or think you might be doing later on. Think you might want to be an AUSA? USAO. Think you might want to do environmental law? EPA. Etc, etc.

TTH

Postby TTH » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:44 pm

I'd go with the Farm Service Agency within the USDA. They are responsible for administering the Migratory Bird Treaty Act of 1918. Since bird law has no basis in reason, it's best to get all the background with it you can.

purpletiger

Postby purpletiger » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:34 pm

NASA Office of General Counsel. The best place for space law.

Return to “Legal Employment”