Katten Muchin

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Katten Muchin

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:08 pm

Anyone know anything about this firm? I've got a 1L summer interview with the Austin, TX/ Irving TX/Charlotte, NC office. I applied through a resume collect. The interview is apparently four hours long and includes lunch, and they're reimbursing for travel and mileage, so I'm assuming that there aren't a ton of people they are calling to the firm. Any thoughts/tips would be awesome. I'm turning down a federal judge in part because it would conflict with this position if I get it.

Anonymous User

Re: Katten Muchin

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:13 pm

Not sure about the offices you listed, but I know their Chicago office isn't anything to write home to mom about. That said, this is for a paid 1L gig, so get in there and shine bright like a diamond and then trade up during 2L OCI.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Not sure about the offices you listed, but I know their Chicago office isn't anything to write home to mom about. That said, this is for a paid 1L gig, so get in there and shine bright like a diamond and then trade up during 2L OCI.

Yeah, this is for 1L so I would love to get the position. I have multiple good unpaid positions, made it to callback with another big firm and didn't get the offer, and now have this and a Nelson Mullins callback.

I'm trying to figure out what they're looking for and also any insight into how many people I'm up against. I'm assuming given the time investment that for this office it's only like 10 people, but any concrete info would be great.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:37 pm

Don't worry about stuff you can't control (like the number of people who also got called back)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:39 pm

rad lulz wrote:Don't worry about stuff you can't control (like the number of people who also got called back)

I agree, except it becomes relevant when deciding whether to turn down a judge position. If they are hiring 2 and calling in 4, that's a lot different than if they are hiring 1 and calling in 15.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
rad lulz wrote:Don't worry about stuff you can't control (like the number of people who also got called back)

I agree, except it becomes relevant when deciding whether to turn down a judge position. If they are hiring 2 and calling in 4, that's a lot different than if they are hiring 1 and calling in 15.

Well there's no way to know, so don't worry about it.

prezidentv8

Postby prezidentv8 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:45 pm

Saw this:

Katten Muchin

Thought of this:

Image Image

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:16 pm

prezidentv8 wrote:Saw this:

Katten Muchin

Thought of this:

Image Image

put a smile on my face, thanks.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Not sure about the offices you listed, but I know their Chicago office isn't anything to write home to mom about. That said, this is for a paid 1L gig, so get in there and shine bright like a diamond and then trade up during 2L OCI.

I can't speak for the Satellite offices, but I know KMR in Chicago is well respected in the city. Definitely one of the top 10 big firms in the city. Mayor Daley chose KMR for his landing pad post ruling Chicago.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
I can't speak for the Satellite offices, but I know KMR in Chicago is well respected in the city. Definitely one of the top 10 big firms in the city. Mayor Daley chose KMR for his landing pad post ruling Chicago.

The NY office is also very well respected. Pays full BL Market. Really depends what you want, though - not your average white-collar, white-shoe firm. Specific practice areas, kind of a unique style.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

The NY office is also very well respected. Pays full BL Market. Really depends what you want, though - not your average white-collar, white-shoe firm. Specific practice areas, kind of a unique style.

Thanks. did either of you get to the firm through another method than OCI? Also, I recognize that the NYC or Chicago offices are different than a satellite office, but I'm still psyched.

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:17 pm

I'm guessing Charlotte since you also got Nelson Mullins. Katten has one of the smaller offices of the big law firms there and if my memory is correct are almost all finance. They obviously have a small summer program. I have a 2L friend going there and one of my fav partners from the firm I was at my 2L year is now there.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:21 pm

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:46 am

Don't know details but do know a summer (possibly their only summer?) in the Charlotte office was no offered this past year.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:35 pm

moandersen wrote:I'm guessing Charlotte since you also got Nelson Mullins. Katten has one of the smaller offices of the big law firms there and if my memory is correct are almost all finance. They obviously have a small summer program. I have a 2L friend going there and one of my fav partners from the firm I was at my 2L year is now there.

Anyone have news on Charlotte katten office? Supposed to hear this week and crickets.

Return to “Legal Employment”