Following up w/ hiring partner after talking to recruiting

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Following up w/ hiring partner after talking to recruiting

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:58 pm

I interviewed with a big firm about 3 weeks ago for a 1L SA position. I sent a thank you email to the hiring partner after the interview because I felt that we connected. He kept me half an hour longer than planned, and we chatted about all sorts of things. He responded to my thank you email and had a few back-and-forths. Overall, he seemed very open to email communication with me.

A few days ago, I emailed the recruiting manager because I have an expiring offer. She said she should get back to me mid next week with a decision.

At this point, is it appropriate to email the hiring partner I really connected with, reiterating my interest? Is it generally bad to email hiring partners other than to thank them after interviews?

eerie_erie

Re: Following up w/ hiring partner after talking to recruiting

Postby eerie_erie » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:28 pm

I don't think it is inappropriate. Just keep the note short and sincere.

Return to “Legal Employment”