Boston (Suffolk) DA

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Boston (Suffolk) DA

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:15 pm

Anyone hear?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston (Suffolk) DA

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:21 pm

Nothing. I kind of forgot about it, but I guess it's at least nice to know that others are clueless too.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston (Suffolk) DA

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:34 pm

Yeah I know a bunch of people waiting. Did you work at a district court as a 3:03?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston (Suffolk) DA

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:39 pm

I didn't. I'm assuming those who didn't won't get very far and are apt to get a ding 6 months from now if they hear anything, but I also know next to nothing about that office.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston (Suffolk) DA

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:41 pm

Yeah I was in one of the district courts and they basically flat out told me they want people who were 3:03 for a summer since those people can basically pick up and start running immediately. With that said, I know at least one other 3:03 still waiting to hear.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston (Suffolk) DA

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Yeah I was in one of the district courts and they basically flat out told me they want people who were 3:03 for a summer since those people can basically pick up and start running immediately. With that said, I know at least one other 3:03 still waiting to hear.


Well, if I'm lucky, that means they'll value similar work in a different big city and I could have a shot. Of course, I'm not lucky, so I would guess that the budget sucks and they're only going to look at their 2L summer interns and ignore any other applications.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston (Suffolk) DA

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Yeah I was in one of the district courts and they basically flat out told me they want people who were 3:03 for a summer since those people can basically pick up and start running immediately. With that said, I know at least one other 3:03 still waiting to hear.


Well, if I'm lucky, that means they'll value similar work in a different big city and I could have a shot. Of course, I'm not lucky, so I would guess that the budget sucks and they're only going to look at their 2L summer interns and ignore any other applications.


I hope so-- you never know. Best of luck.

User avatar
gdane
Posts: 12386
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: Boston (Suffolk) DA

Postby gdane » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:29 pm

Is this office still hiring only 10-15 new ADAs a year? Better question, am I completely screwed if I have zero Boston ties?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273380
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Boston (Suffolk) DA

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:26 pm

gdane wrote:Is this office still hiring only 10-15 new ADAs a year? Better question, am I completely screwed if I have zero Boston ties?

It will be very tough. I was told the class is about 40.

User avatar
gdane
Posts: 12386
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: Boston (Suffolk) DA

Postby gdane » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:05 pm

40 is a nice uptick compared to previous years. Thanks for the info.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.