Follow up after interview

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Follow up after interview

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:12 pm

So I had an interview on Friday the 15th with a midsized firm for a 2L SA in NYC that I really like. I thought it went extremely well, and they told me that they would let me know by "next week," meaning the week that has just passed. I have not heard any news yet. Would it be good/bad/neither to send an email to the recruiting contact restating my interest or saying something like, if you need any more information don't hesitate to contact me. Thanks for your feedback.

cinephile

Re: Follow up after interview

Postby cinephile » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:42 pm

I think it's fine to go ahead and send that email.

holdencaulfield

Postby holdencaulfield » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:15 pm

Feel free to send the email, but don't sweat the silence. The midsize firm I work at said the same thing. I got my offer two months later.

TooOld4This

Postby TooOld4This » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:52 pm

Neither. Certainly won't hurt, but it's not like this is a test and if you dont ask they will assume you aren't interested. Writing the email is a polite (and completely acceptable) way of getting a status update. It won't affect the decision, and unless the decision has already been made and the person in charge of telling hr had a crazy week, probably won't affect timing either. It may make you feel a bit better, so go for it.

Return to “Legal Employment”