Opportunities at This Point

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Opportunities at This Point

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:18 am

Hi all,

Top 2-3% of a T1 school (#15-20 range) here.

It seems that I have pretty much struck out with the big law firms that I applied to in early December. I haven't really applied anywhere else (yeah I know) as of yet.

At this point, what are my best options? I am very open-minded about the type of work and the location (though I cannot really afford to fly around to interview.) Should I bother continuing to apply for SA positions? Is there anything that my class rank gives me a good leg up for that it's not already too late for?

Any advice appreciated!

Re: Opportunities at This Point

Postby Nelson » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:21 pm

You're a 1L? Just start spamming apps to nonprofits, small firms in your target region, business, etc. Grades don't matter all that much for 1L since the few firms jobs out there that do care about grades have way more people with one good semester of grades than there are spots. The one thing that straight As does do for you is make it really easy to go ask one of your first sem profs to be their RA. If you're feeling lazy, I would start there.

Return to “Legal Employment”