1L Summer and EJF Funding Decision

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

1L Summer and EJF Funding Decision

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:43 pm

Need advice in my 1L summer employment situation (time-sensitive). Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help out!

I currently have an offer for a judicial internship with the DC Superior Court, and for an externship with a federal agency that I would think seems more "PREFTIGUIOS." My school provides EJF funding in the amount of ~$3500 or so and includes judicial internships. However, it may be likely that the fed. externship requires academic credit, which would preclude my ability to obtain such funding. If this is indeed the case, would everyone on here recommend to follow the $$, assuming I would be willing to sacrifice a substantial amount greater than $3500 for even a slight, marginal boost for OCI?

I know 1L summer really doesn't matter and I am assuming everyone will say chase the $$; I guess I just need TLS confirmation to put myself at ease.

Return to “Legal Employment”