Clerk hasn't called back.

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Clerk hasn't called back.

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:56 pm

A few days ago, I received a call from a Bankruptcy Judge's law clerk. I was in class and was not able to answer, and in his phone message the Clerk said that he would like me to interview for the extern position with that judge and to call back to schedule the interview.

I called back the following morning, but the Clerk was driving and said he would call me back to schedule the interview.

It's been two days and he hasn't called back, should I be worried? I don't see why he wouldn't call back, considering he already extended the offer for an interview, but I'm getting slightly scared.

Any opinions?

stillwater

Re: Clerk hasn't called back.

Postby stillwater » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:59 pm

Confront him.

adonai

Postby adonai » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:02 pm

Clerks are busy. Interviewing externs is the last priority on their minds. You can always just call again.

Icculus

Postby Icculus » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:04 pm

adonai wrote:Clerks are busy. Interviewing externs is the last priority on their minds. You can always just call again.

yeah, I would just call, be polite, explain you hadn't heard and just wanted to touch base. This isn't really rocket science.

adonai

Postby adonai » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:07 pm

Icculus wrote:
adonai wrote:Clerks are busy. Interviewing externs is the last priority on their minds. You can always just call again.

yeah, I would just call, be polite, explain you hadn't heard and just wanted to touch base. This isn't really rocket science.

Exactly. I understand the neuroticism of 1L (I was like you once) but after doing multiple internships you just realize people are too busy with their work to care or keep track of how many times you called.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:41 am

This thread might actually be about me. I'm a bankruptcy clerk and have left my extern applicants hanging for like a month. Sorry guys. You're not a huge priority and we're busy, but we didn't forget about you.

Return to “Legal Employment”