Accidentally applied for 2L summer internship

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Accidentally applied for 2L summer internship

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:19 am

I accidentally applied for a job posting that specifically asked for 2Ls and 3Ls only. Meaning I had a reading comp fail and submitted application materials thinking I qualified. Amazing I got an interview. My transmission email and cover letter both say that I'm a first year student. My resume says expected 2015. Even my transcript shows I'm taking 1L classes.

Is it possible that they know I'm a 1L and want to interview me anyway? Or should I just show up, watch them realize their mistake, and call it a practice run?

Re: Accidentally applied for 2L summer internship

Postby 09042014 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:29 am

Anonymous User wrote:I accidentally applied for a job posting that specifically asked for 2Ls and 3Ls only. Meaning I had a reading comp fail and submitted application materials thinking I qualified. Amazing I got an interview. My transmission email and cover letter both say that I'm a first year student. My resume says expected 2015. Even my transcript shows I'm taking 1L classes.

Is it possible that they know I'm a 1L and want to interview me anyway? Or should I just show up, watch them realize their mistake, and call it a practice run?

Just show up.

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:46 am

haha, i've never heard of this. just go and get the job. at the very least, it's more interviewing experience.

nevdash

Postby nevdash » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:08 am

I had the same thing happen to me 1L year. The guy was basically like "We don't normally hire 1Ls, but you seemed like an interesting guy, so I wanted to meet you. You should definitely apply again next year if you're interested." You might think it's a waste of time if you wouldn't want the internship next year, but it's a good way to make a contact. Look at it as an informational interview at worst.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:35 am

Desert Fox wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I accidentally applied for a job posting that specifically asked for 2Ls and 3Ls only. Meaning I had a reading comp fail and submitted application materials thinking I qualified. Amazing I got an interview. My transmission email and cover letter both say that I'm a first year student. My resume says expected 2015. Even my transcript shows I'm taking 1L classes.

Just show up.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:46 pm

OP here: they did know that I'm a 1L and were looking for one, though did not specifically advertise. All worked out. Yay. Moral of the story: apply even if you don't qualify?

patrickd139

Postby patrickd139 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:11 pm

rad lulz wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Just show up.

Return to “Legal Employment”