Job Placement in Miami

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
callj714

Job Placement in Miami

Postby callj714 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:45 pm

Does anyone know what schools place the best into biglaw firms in Miami? Specifically, does anyone know which schools place the best into Miami outside of the state of Florida? There aren't really any schools in Florida that I could see myself attending

Homelandsagreatshow

Re: Job Placement in Miami

Postby Homelandsagreatshow » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:48 pm

callj714 wrote:Does anyone know what schools place the best into biglaw firms in Miami? Specifically, does anyone know which schools place the best into Miami outside of the state of Florida? There aren't really any schools in Florida that I could see myself attending

HYS--yeah sorry I'm that guy. No honestly though, from everything I've read, Miami, which has a very small legal market, and is extremely desirable, is extremely competitive, so anywhere outside of those schools is going to be a crapshoot. When you eliminate the small chance that would come from attending FSU or UF, you're honestly looking at HYS

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:56 am

If you're not from Miami/South FL and go to an out-of-state school, your shot at good jobs in Miami is basically nil.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:12 am

I'm working Biglaw in Miami this coming summer.

People who have a shot at working in Miami biglaw include:
Above median T-14 students from south Florida.
Top 5% (conservatively, more like top 1-2%), LR, at UM or UF. FSU doesn't seem to do well in Miami.

There are ~50 biglaw SAs available.

Don't make Miami biglaw your goal because you're more than likely not going to get it just as a matter of odds. If you have specific q's post them and I'll PM you.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:22 am

This forum is not for 0Ls.

Return to “Legal Employment”