Advice deciding b/w 1L offers

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
TLSwag

Advice deciding b/w 1L offers

Postby TLSwag » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:36 pm

Last edited by TLSwag on Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

dixon02

Re: Advice deciding b/w 1L offers

Postby dixon02 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:39 pm

Most important question: are any of these positions paid, or if not can you get a public service grant for any of them? I'd just follow the money. Any one of these will look just fine going into OCI.

TLSwag

Postby TLSwag » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:42 pm

dixon02 wrote:Most important question: are any of these positions paid, or if not can you get a public service grant for any of them? I'd just follow the money. Any one of these will look just fine going into OCI.

Sorry, should have put that in their before. All are unpaid, and I can receive a stipend from the school for any (all in the same amount). Hence, the struggle. If all really look equal on paper, what would YOU do? Haha I think its just really hard for me to buy into the fact that it really doesn't matter at OCI, especially when the agencies have seemed much more competitive, but maybe I just need to accept that reality.

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:08 pm

i'd probably take options 2 or 3, but that's just me.

i liked working for the govt. as a 1L.

since they are all unpaid, just go with which one you like the most. i don't think one will give you a marked boost over the other on your resume.

hangtime813

Postby hangtime813 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:51 pm

Lasers wrote:i'd probably take options 2 or 3, but that's just me.

i liked working for the govt. as a 1L.

since they are all unpaid, just go with which one you like the most. i don't think one will give you a marked boost over the other on your resume.

+1 same here

TooOld4This

Postby TooOld4This » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:55 pm

I'd take 3, unless you have a burning desire to learn about the other two areas of law. You are most likely to see work similar to a firm at the OGC's office.

Return to “Legal Employment”