NYC Summer Housing

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

NYC Summer Housing

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:36 pm

How likely am I to get a single if I apply for NYU summer housing? I am asking because they say singles are limited but they also require a $500 deposit, so I don't want to be stuck with something I don't want (i.e. sharing a room with a stranger).

Also, what have people done in the past if the earliest move in date for the NYU dorms is a week later than your start date? Thanks!

Also, any other suggestions would be great. I am going for cheap, clean, and no sharing. Room size is not a huge deal.

EDIT: I've also viewed New School, School of Visual Arts, and EHS summer housing. If anyone can comment on their experience over the summer in these places that would be great. It is really hard to come by reviews for these places.

Anonymous User

Re: NYC Summer Housing

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:30 pm

Also curious if anyone can shed some light on these options

Anonymous User

Re: NYC Summer Housing

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:48 pm

So, I may... not be the most representative sample. But I (a) lived with a rando, in the same room (bunkmates!), in the NYU (general/undergrad, not law) dorms and (b) couldn't move in until the week after my start date.

For the week before my start date, I just slept on the floor of a bohemian revolutionary/hippie who rented half of his tiny studio on airbnb.com for an outrageous - but cheaper than a hotel - nightly rate.

...mine may not be a path worthy of emulation.

Return to “Legal Employment”