Help - Advice Needed on Typo Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Help - Advice Needed on Typo

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:52 pm

How should I handle accidentally omitting a key word in an email to a hiring partner? The rest of my email is flawless as are my resume and cover letter. Should I apologize or leave it alone?

I wrote: "I would to"

I meant to say: " I would [like] to"

Big mistake? Please help.

I should add that my email was in response to an email from the partner and not a random cold email.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dingbat

Gold

Re: Help - Advice Needed on Typo

Post by dingbat » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:How should I handle accidentally omitting a key word in an email to a hiring partner? The rest of my email is flawless as is my resume and cover letter. Should I apologize or leave it alone?

I wrote: "I would to"

I meant to say: " I would [like] to"

Big mistake? Please help.
Ignore it. There's a chance the partner won't notice. If s/he does notice, it'll be a minus point, but sending a correction email won't eradicate your mistake, will bring (renewed) attention to it, and may annoy him/her.
Basically there's no upside to any apology

2LsAPlenty

Bronze

Re: Help - Advice Needed on Typo

Post by 2LsAPlenty » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:38 pm

However, if they do bring it up, apologize and say it won't happen again.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”