Juvenile judge in state or state court judge out of state? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
mertle

New

Juvenile judge in state or state court judge out of state?

Post by mertle » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:43 pm

I am trying to decide between working at a juvenile court in the state where I plan to practice and working for a state court judge in a state where I do not plan to practice.

I do not plan to do get in to juvenile work in the future but I do think that I may be able to network within my state if I work for this judge.

thoughts?

izy223

Bronze

Re: Juvenile judge in state or state court judge out of state?

Post by izy223 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:48 pm

mertle wrote:I am trying to decide between working at a juvenile court in the state where I plan to practice and working for a state court judge in a state where I do not plan to practice.

I do not plan to do get in to juvenile work in the future but I do think that I may be able to network within my state if I work for this judge.

thoughts?
what kind of state court judge? appellate supreme? if its a trial court go with Juvy instate.

mertle

New

Re: Juvenile judge in state or state court judge out of state?

Post by mertle » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:10 pm

supreme...ended up taking it.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”