Time-frame for Minneapolis law firms after callback?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Time-frame for Minneapolis law firms after callback?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:48 pm

Hello everyone,

I applied for a 1L SA position with some Minneapolis law firms. I received callbacks from two firms.

Anyone have some experience as to when you either hear about an offer, or a rejection?

It's been about a week since the interviews.

Anonymous User

Re: Time-frame for Minneapolis law firms after callback?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hello everyone,

I applied for a 1L SA position with some Minneapolis law firms. I received callbacks from two firms.

Anyone have some experience as to when you either hear about an offer, or a rejection?

It's been about a week since the interviews.

I received a ding by email about one week after my callback.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:11 pm

So, if I don't hear back within a week, is it generally the expectation that I'll get a ding?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:54 pm

one week is not a hard and fast rule. There are a number of reasons why they wouldn't get back to you in that time, one of which is that they wanted to interview more people.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:59 pm

I interviewed at several Minneapolis firms over winter break and it was between two and four weeks after those interviews before I received offers. Most of them seemed to want to take their time picking the right candidate, I wouldn't worry about it yet.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:10 am

Thank you.

For other jobs I've had in the past, waiting 2-3 weeks to receive an offer was no sweat.

But for some reason, for this 1L SA, I cannot help but anxiously look at my phone or check my email every 8 minutes.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:30 pm

I interviewed with 4 firms over xmas break in early Jan. and heard back with offers/dings from 1-3 weeks after. Then randomly the other day I got a ding from a firm I forgot I even applied to in December that never called for an interview. I assumed most firms were done with the process by now, but if your interview was that recent I guess not. Good luck!

Return to “Legal Employment”