Automatic response because hiring contact is out of town?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Automatic response because hiring contact is out of town?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:46 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm not entirely sure how auto-responses work. I sent an email thanking the recruiter for the interview, but on that same day, she was also leaving the office early for vacation. I got an automatic email response back telling me how she'll be out of the office until Tuesday. Now, is it right to assume that when she comes back, and checks her email, the email I sent her should be marked as "unread". Meaning that she'll be able to see that I sent it to her about 4 hours after the interview concluded.

I'm just a bit nervous about my legal employment process so far, and sometimes the tiniest nuance will freak me out.

Thank you.

dingbat

Re: Automatic response because hiring contact is out of town?

Postby dingbat » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hello everyone,

I'm not entirely sure how auto-responses work. I sent an email thanking the recruiter for the interview, but on that same day, she was also leaving the office early for vacation. I got an automatic email response back telling me how she'll be out of the office until Tuesday. Now, is it right to assume that when she comes back, and checks her email, the email I sent her should be marked as "unread". Meaning that she'll be able to see that I sent it to her about 4 hours after the interview concluded.

I'm just a bit nervous about my legal employment process so far, and sometimes the tiniest nuance will freak me out.

Thank you.

If she has a smartphone (and seriously, what professional doesn't?) she'll have gotten the email already. Either way, she'll see it next time she checks her email, and yes, it'll be time stamped

Agent

Re: Automatic response because hiring contact is out of town?

Postby Agent » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:45 am

No problem here, thanks to timestamping. And the recipient probably saw, read, and disposed of your email within minutes or hours.

Return to “Legal Employment”