Didn't get a preselect, can I contact them? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Didn't get a preselect, can I contact them?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:14 pm

I'm a 1L and applied through Symplicity for a summer internship at an organization. I found out I didn't get an invitation. Basically, I am shocked. It is 100% aligned with my background and experiences, I have a solid GPA, etc. I really wanted this position and I totally thought that with my background I had a great chance.

Would it be ok to contact them in a few days? Just reiterate my interest? If so, what should I say about not getting an invitation? Or should I not do anything?

Any advice is appreciated. I really am shocked. I've had interviews at much more "prestigious" organizations that do similar work but I really liked this one.

bk1

Diamond

Re: Didn't get a preselect, can I contact them?

Post by bk1 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:15 pm

Just send them a full on email application as if you had never applied through the job fair. Don't mention not getting the preselect.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:25 pm

It's a fairly small organization with only one contact person. Will he not think it's weird that I send my materials again with out any mentioning of OCI?

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:28 pm

You don't want to remind them that they already rejected you. They might have rejected you because they only had so many spots open, you don't know.

In all likelihood, they're just going to reject you again, but if you really want to try to apply again I wouldn't remind them of the ding.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:49 pm

OP here, it was a mistake and I did get per selected!! Just scheduled my interview. Phew!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Agent

Bronze

Post by Agent » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:07 am

To those similarly situated: +1 to bk187's advice.

To OP: congrats!

Borhas

Platinum

www.top-law-schools.com

Post by Borhas » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:33 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”