Moving to a different office of the same firm

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Moving to a different office of the same firm

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:41 am

I am considering interviewing for a few firms that have offices both in my schools market and offices in DC (my preferred destination). How do firms look at office-hopping? Essentially if I got a job one of the firm's locations in the Midwest, and then wanted to move to the firm's office in DC how do they see that (i.e. how do the Midwest office and the DC office see that)?

Thanks

rad lulz

Re: Moving to a different office of the same firm

Postby rad lulz » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:08 am

Anonymous User wrote:I am considering interviewing for a few firms that have offices both in my schools market and offices in DC (my preferred destination). How do firms look at office-hopping? Essentially if I got a job one of the firm's locations in the Midwest, and then wanted to move to the firm's office in DC how do they see that (i.e. how do the Midwest office and the DC office see that)?

Thanks

No one can answer your question bc it depends on the needs of the firm.

HTH.

Return to “Legal Employment”