USPS 3L Honors Program

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

USPS 3L Honors Program

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:25 pm

Anyone?

kalvano

Re: USPS 3L Honors Program

Postby kalvano » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:27 pm

Is that the one that required you to upload a resume, and then to manually enter all of the information on your resume into their system via a cumbersome and anachronistic website?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:28 pm

kalvano wrote:Is that the one that required you to upload a resume, and then to manually enter all of the information on your resume into their system via a cumbersome and anachronistic website?

Not only that, but to do it four separate times to apply for all potential locations! Yes, that one.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
kalvano wrote:Is that the one that required you to upload a resume, and then to manually enter all of the information on your resume into their system via a cumbersome and anachronistic website?

Not only that, but to do it four separate times to apply for all potential locations! Yes, that one.

Ah, I figured that's one way they weed you out because that's probably what you do all day with the USPS. I quit and didn't apply, but my friend did and has not heard anything yet.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:41 pm

I've heard from some locations but not others. They seem to be independently hiring for each region, on different schedules.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I've heard from some locations but not others. They seem to be independently hiring for each region, on different schedules.

Which ones have you heard from? Anyone hear from DC?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:21 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I've heard from some locations but not others. They seem to be independently hiring for each region, on different schedules.

Which ones have you heard from? Anyone hear from DC?

Not DC. At least one field office is already on second-rounds though.

Myself

Postby Myself » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:43 am

Last edited by Myself on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

nevdash

Postby nevdash » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:03 am

ajax adonis wrote:Will there even be a USPS when you graduate?

TITCQ

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Not DC. At least one field office is already on second-rounds though.

Anyone heard from DC? All other offices are already interviewing or finished.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Not DC. At least one field office is already on second-rounds though.

Anyone heard from DC? All other offices are already interviewing or finished.

Bump--Anything in DC? Did the DC office abandon their honors program this year?

jaydizzle

Postby jaydizzle » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:43 am

I'm going to apply this weekend. How long did it take you guys to fill out the app for each location?

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:46 am

I was going to apply. But the application is so bloody stupid it has turned me off.

What are the benefits of this position. Experience, lateral potential, blue jump suit?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:32 pm

jarofsoup wrote:I was going to apply. But the application is so bloody stupid it has turned me off.

What are the benefits of this position. Experience, lateral potential, blue jump suit?

Seriously WTF!! And when you enter the wrong work info (they ask for seven years and to include time when you are not employed!!!!!), you cannot edit it. This site is the most dysfunctional work site I have seen.

jaydizzle

Postby jaydizzle » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:24 pm

Did I waste my time by applying at the deadline? I was hoping they would still consider people who applied at the deadline since I thought that's what deadlines are for, but you guys said some places are on second rounds.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:15 pm

The comments about second rounds are from 2013.

jaydizzle

Postby jaydizzle » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:The comments about second rounds are from 2013.

Major fail on my part for not noticing this. Thanks!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
jarofsoup wrote:I was going to apply. But the application is so bloody stupid it has turned me off.

Seriously WTF!! And when you enter the wrong work info (they ask for seven years and to include time when you are not employed!!!!!), you cannot edit it. This site is the most dysfunctional work site I have seen.

It's the post office. What did you expect? :lol:

FWIW, I interviewed for this the 2013 round. I did a lot of networking interviews before my actual interview to learn more about the actual job. There's a few different areas you can be in, but for the most part, they're going to be looking for labor/employment lawyers. Pay is good, but that wasn't my cup of tea. What they are looking for is something worth knowing, though, before putting in countless hours with the miserable application (it's really not advertised specifically what they are looking for... at least it wasn't last year).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

It's the post office. What did you expect? :lol:

FWIW, I interviewed for this the 2013 round. I did a lot of networking interviews before my actual interview to learn more about the actual job. There's a few different areas you can be in, but for the most part, they're going to be looking for labor/employment lawyers. Pay is good, but that wasn't my cup of tea. What they are looking for is something worth knowing, though, before putting in countless hours with the miserable application (it's really not advertised specifically what they are looking for... at least it wasn't last year).

Was it highly competitive when you applied? Did you get an offer?

jaydizzle

Postby jaydizzle » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:49 pm

What other areas besides employment law are there? For interns, they seem to only take labor law people.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:It's the post office. What did you expect? :lol:

Thanks for this info. I really wish they had been clearer about what they were looking for. I have a bunch of L&E experience, but I didn't play it up on my application because I had no idea what they wanted.

CoolJustice13

Postby CoolJustice13 » Wed May 21, 2014 5:57 pm

Anyone heard anything?? I have heard from two offices. I am just wondering what the interviews will be like.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu May 22, 2014 1:42 am

I have heard nothing on the DC front. I never followed up. I guess that's a rejection.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:19 am

Anonymous User wrote:I have heard nothing on the DC front. I never followed up. I guess that's a rejection.

DC office did first round interviews this week and early into next week. They said they plan to do second rounds and make offers by the end of June.

jaydizzle

Postby jaydizzle » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:39 am

Any other offices start interviews yet? Any way to contact some of these people? Tough to find contacts.

Return to “Legal Employment”