T20/LR/Top 1/3 losing steam and any care

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

T20/LR/Top 1/3 losing steam and any care

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:27 pm

It's now February. I've had so many interviews I can't even count them. After so many rejections, I thought I was a horrible interviewer, but I've been told by several attorneys that I interview well (so I've heard from mock interviewers and frank feedback from an actual interview). I really don't know what else I should be doing. I apply to everything I see, still work hard, and still received good grades first semester of 2L despite the OCI disappointment/hell. Should I drop out if I've gone this far through 2L year with LR and good grades and nothing to show for it? This probably sounds petty, but I feel like I'm just throwing money into a pit.

kryptix

Re: T20/LR/Top 1/3 losing steam and any care

Postby kryptix » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:40 am

Anonymous User wrote:It's now February. I've had so many interviews I can't even count them. After so many rejections, I thought I was a horrible interviewer, but I've been told by several attorneys that I interview well (so I've heard from mock interviewers and frank feedback from an actual interview). I really don't know what else I should be doing. I apply to everything I see, still work hard, and still received good grades first semester of 2L despite the OCI disappointment/hell. Should I drop out if I've gone this far through 2L year with LR and good grades and nothing to show for it? This probably sounds petty, but I feel like I'm just throwing money into a pit.

If you get up a bit higher you might as well try 3L OCI at this point because you won't get a full refund at this point anyway... I just thought of something, does your previous experience let you double down by transfering to a top tier part time program and redo OCI? You graduate a year later but have another chance through 2L OCI. I've seen someone successfully do this but you have to make sure to contact career services at the other school to get your OCI bids in.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:42 am

3L OCI is a joke

OP what do you want to do

kryptix

Postby kryptix » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:36 am

rad lulz wrote:3L OCI is a joke

OP what do you want to do

I think ~10 people got jobs through 3L OCI this year for us, but yeah its not the best odds, more did if you count IP backgrounds though. That brings me back to my suggestion of trying to transfer to part-time. If you can come up with a good reason for needing to do it. I'd think your odds at Georgetown or even Fordham OCI would be better than Vanderbilt or Minnesota definitely, and better in NYC than UCLA/USC/UT. If your already at George Washington, it is actually usually pretty straight forward to switch divisions, launch a start-up or something.

Return to “Legal Employment”