1L Summer Interviews: How many rejections?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

1L Summer Interviews: How many rejections?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:57 am

I've had 5 1L summer job interviews so far. Two of them have been school-run international programs, one has been a government job, one has been with a firm, and one has been a PI job.

So far, I've gotten 3 rejections: I failed to get offers from the 2 international programs and the govt job.

I haven't heard back from the firm (it's been a week), and I just had the PI interview. In the coming weeks, I have a bunch more firm/PI stuff coming up.

Is it normal to get non-offers after multiple interviews as a 1L? Mind you, it's not as if I've been interviewing for cutthroat V10 SA positions. My grades are good, so I'm worried that something about my interviewing skills are just off. I'm a sociable guy with lots of friends and lots of interests, so it's not as if I'm incapable of having a good conversation. Is there a big blind spot, though?

Or am I overreacting and worrying too much after just a few turn-downs?

Return to “Legal Employment”