Should I send grades? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Should I send grades?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:17 pm

I'm a 1L who got slightly below median first semester. I applied to a bunch of diversity SAs and judges and a few asked for/required my grades. Should I bother sending them since they're low?

wiscohopeful

Bronze

Re: Should I send grades?

Post by wiscohopeful » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:29 pm

How long could it really take to forward an unofficial transcript. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and dont ax yourself from consideration.

El_Sol

New

Post by El_Sol » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:43 pm

Yes. If you do not send them = you won't get the position; if you send them = you might get the position (especially if you are at T-14).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:58 pm

The exact same thing happened to me, and I was also apprehensive about what I should do, but ultimately I sucked it up and sent them. Got mostly no response or 'thanks, we'll be in touch' (yeah, right.......) but i did get several interviews (admittedly all in secondary markets) and one offer (paid non-SA position where I already interviewed) after sending them, so they are definitely worth sending and are not a deal breaker everywhere (I am at a t14 if that's relevant).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”