2L with SA but looking for 2nd internship. Cover letter Q Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

2L with SA but looking for 2nd internship. Cover letter Q

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:37 am

Hey all, a little help please

I'm a 2L with a biglaw internship secured for my summer. My break is long enough for me to apply to other internships for the 2nd half of summer. I'm thinking non-law firms for the 2nd half.

When I apply to these other internships, should I include in my cover letter that I have a SA gig lined up already?

Thanks

eerie_erie

Bronze

Re: 2L with SA but looking for 2nd internship. Cover letter Q

Post by eerie_erie » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:28 pm

Some people would say not mention it initially, just to get your foot in the door. Even if you have a good reason, it still might come out wrong on paper. You would need to mention it at some point though before the offer (as in before the interview, in the interview, or shortly thereafter) because it seems to be a professional thing to give them notice. I would mention it because that's just the way that I operate.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”