1L OCI - applying to law firm I did not bid on

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
T30JD2015

1L OCI - applying to law firm I did not bid on

Postby T30JD2015 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:22 pm

Hello all.

If a law firm came to my school for OCI and I failed to make a bid, should I just avoid applying to that firm completely (at least for my 1L summer)?

Firm #1 - Based on the description on Symplicity, the firm wanted students within the top 20-25% of the class. Sadly, I'm at about 50%. I mentioned this to another student and he thought I should have applied. Because of my technical background (PhD in Biochemistry), he thought the firm could make an exception.

Firm #2 - I just somehow completely missed that this firm was coming to my school. I did not realize this until after the deadline expired.

If I do apply, I'm guessing both firms would ask why I did not make a bid when they came to my school. Any suggestion on how I might be able to answer this without coming off looking completely incompetent?

Thanks.

cinephile

Re: 1L OCI - applying to law firm I did not bid on

Postby cinephile » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:56 am

Just apply and don't worry about it.

Anonymous User

Re: 1L OCI - applying to law firm I did not bid on

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:25 am

cinephile wrote:Just apply and don't worry about it.

Definitely agree, I go my 2L position from a firm that came to OCI that I didn't bid on.

Return to “Legal Employment”