DC Bar Waive in Process

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

DC Bar Waive in Process

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:43 pm

When do I start this? Do I just take another bar and worry about this after I pass, or do I start the DC process prior? I don't want want to miss any deadlines.

A. Nony Mouse

Re: DC Bar Waive in Process

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:42 pm

You have to have passed another state's bar already:

(3) Admission requirements. Any person may, upon proof of good moral character as it relates to the practice of law, be admitted to the Bar of this court without examination, provided that such person:
(i) Has been a member in good standing of a Bar of a court of general jurisdiction in
any state or territory of the United States for a period of five years immediately
preceding the filing of the application; or
(ii) (A) Has been awarded a J.D. or LL.B. degree by a law school which, at the time
of the awarding of the degree, was approved by the American Bar Association; (B)
Has been admitted to the practice of law in any state or territory of the United States
upon the successful completion of a written bar examination and has received a
scaled score of 133 or more on the Multistate Bar Examination which the state or
territory deems to have been taken as a part of such examination
; and (C) Has taken
and passed -- with a scaled score of 75 or more -- the Multistate Professional
Responsibility Examination (MPRE) given under the auspices of the Multistate Bar
Examination Committee of the National Conference of Bar Examiners.

Postby 09042014 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:25 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:You have to have passed another state's bar already:

(3) Admission requirements. Any person may, upon proof of good moral character as it relates to the practice of law, be admitted to the Bar of this court without examination, provided that such person:
(i) Has been a member in good standing of a Bar of a court of general jurisdiction in
any state or territory of the United States for a period of five years immediately
(ii) (A) Has been awarded a J.D. or LL.B. degree by a law school which, at the time
of the awarding of the degree, was approved by the American Bar Association; (B)
Has been admitted to the practice of law in any state or territory of the United States
scaled score of 133 or more on the Multistate Bar Examination which the state or
; and (C) Has taken
Responsibility Examination (MPRE) given under the auspices of the Multistate Bar

But I don't have to start the C&F part til after I pass my other state right?

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:35 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:You have to have passed another state's bar already:

; and (C) Has taken

But I don't have to start the C&F part til after I pass my other state right?

Well, you can't submit the application until after you've passed another state's bar, and since you don't have to take a second exam, the only part of the application is C&F, so I'm not really sure what you mean. Plus, since you're not taking an exam, there aren't any deadlines - you can waive in whenever.

Return to “Legal Employment”