Latin honors more important for non-T14 when lateraling?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Latin honors more important for non-T14 when lateraling?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:13 pm

I go to a T1 school w/ a V50 offer after I finish my third year. Since I don't go to a T-14, is it that much more helpful for me to work hard this last semester to get latin honors? I am currently on the cusp. This is all in terms of lateraling.

de5igual

Re: Latin honors more important for non-T14 when lateraling?

Postby de5igual » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:30 pm

itbdvorm wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:How important is graduating with "honors" for lateral opportunities? I'm headed to a V30 next year, and my grades are hovering around the honors cutoff. Ideally, I'd like to lateral to a different market 3-4 years out. Should I be stressed out if my GPA ultimately falls .01 short of honors? Do firms even care about "honors" or is it just the GPA that matters?

mostly gpa that matters. if a smaller market, etc., might be more meaningful but where you worked and what you did will be more imporatnt

Anonymous User

Re: Latin honors more important for non-T14 when lateraling?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:10 pm

f0bolous wrote:
itbdvorm wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:How important is graduating with "honors" for lateral opportunities? I'm headed to a V30 next year, and my grades are hovering around the honors cutoff. Ideally, I'd like to lateral to a different market 3-4 years out. Should I be stressed out if my GPA ultimately falls .01 short of honors? Do firms even care about "honors" or is it just the GPA that matters?

mostly gpa that matters. if a smaller market, etc., might be more meaningful but where you worked and what you did will be more imporatnt

Thanks. Not OP, but in identical position (T1, V50, right on latin cutoff).

I wish my school was more generous like some others where 25% or more of the class gets honors. Then I wouldnt have anything to think about.

Return to “Legal Employment”