Portfolios for interviews (for females)

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Portfolios for interviews (for females)

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:06 pm

I am a 1L and have some interviews in the next few weeks for summer internships. I was thinking that I need some sort of portfolio to carry with me to keep copies of my resume, etc. and use to take notes. Just something simple and as small as possible.

I can't find anything that seems to fit the bill. Any suggestions?

ph14

Re: Portfolios for interviews (for females)

Postby ph14 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I am a 1L and have some interviews in the next few weeks for summer internships. I was thinking that I need some sort of portfolio to carry with me to keep copies of my resume, etc. and use to take notes. Just something simple and as small as possible.

I can't find anything that seems to fit the bill. Any suggestions?

Go to Staples. Buy a generic padfolio. As an aside, I've been to tons of interviews and I always am prepared with plenty of copies of resume, transcript, writing samples, etc. I can pretty much count on one hand how often I get asked for stuff (besides screener interviews where you must bring your transcript). For callbacks they all print out copies of your materials and distribute to your interviewers.

kalvano

Re: Portfolios for interviews (for females)

Postby kalvano » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:07 pm

The FedEx store (or whatever Kinko's is now) has generic black leather-looking padfolios for like $5.

Return to “Legal Employment”