How do I find an apartment....?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

How do I find an apartment....?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:31 pm

I got a job near Marseilles, IL, which is about 80 miles west of Chicago. So far the only resource I've found with more than a small number of apartment listings near there is Craigslist, and even on Craigslist, there are not very many postings for apartments in or reasonably close to the city I'm going to be working in. Does anyone have suggestions with respect to websites I will be able to find an apartment on (besides craigslist)? I also know of padmapper, hotpads, rent.com, but none of those were particularly useful. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

ph14

Re: How do I find an apartment....?

Postby ph14 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I got a job near Marseilles, IL, which is about 80 miles west of Chicago. So far the only resource I've found with more than a small number of apartment listings near there is Craigslist, and even on Craigslist, there are not very many postings for apartments in or reasonably close to the city I'm going to be working in. Does anyone have suggestions with respect to websites I will be able to find an apartment on (besides craigslist)? I also know of padmapper, hotpads, rent.com, but none of those were particularly useful. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

You can try to get a place on Airbnb.com for the short term and then find an apartment in person. That might be a pain though if you have a lot of stuff you're bringing with you.

rinkrat19

Re: How do I find an apartment....?

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:49 pm

Call a realtor and see if they do apartments.

Or search the national realty listings yourself: http://www.realtor.com/homesforrent/Mar ... source=web

Return to “Legal Employment”