Part time job? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Part time job?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:57 am

Hi,

I'm debating between taking up a part-time job in retail for 10 hours a week since most of the spring internships are filled. Should I mass mail firms/places for an internship still? I don't have too much legal experience so obviously I should be looking for any legal internship, even unpaid, but I would love some extra cash now.

Anonymous User

Re: Part time job?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:07 am

Anonymous User wrote:Hi,

I'm debating between taking up a part-time job in retail for 10 hours a week since most of the spring internships are filled. Should I mass mail firms/places for an internship still? I don't have too much legal experience so obviously I should be looking for any legal internship, even unpaid, but I would love some extra cash now.
I did part time research for a professor and part time at a prosecutor's office 1L summer. I got paid for the research and I was able to have two jobs on my résumé. Worked our great and I split it 50/50 40hrs a week.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:10 am

Anonymous User wrote:

I did part time research for a professor and part time at a prosecutor's office 1L summer. I got paid for the research and I was able to have two jobs on my résumé. Worked our great and I split it 50/50 40hrs a week.

I meant for this semester, not the summer. Still trying to figure that out. I'm a 2L (did public interest last year but I want to work in a firm eventually, so not too much experience).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:12 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I meant for this semester, not the summer. Still trying to figure that out. I'm a 2L (did public interest last year but I want to work in a firm eventually, so not too much experience).
In that case I don't think it would matter either way. Sometimes professors will hire RAs during the year too. I'd also contact your PI job you had last summer and see if you could volunteer on Fridays or something.

jess

Post by jess » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:54 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”